Change of licence holder name and address

If you're a premises licence holder you must let us know as soon as possible of any changes to your name and/or address.


There's a fee of £10.50 to change your name and/or address.

How to notify us

You need to tell us of any changes to a premises licence holder or designated premises supervisor (DPS) name and/or address for premises within our licensing area.

Your notification of a change of name or address must be accompanied by the premises licence (or the appropriate part of the licence). If that's not practicable your notification must be accompanied by a statement of the reasons why the licence (or appropriate part) cannot be produced.

You can notify us online or by post.


You can notify us and pay online on the GOV.UK website. You'll need to download a copy of the application form and fill this in using Adobe Acrobat Reader.

You'll also need to upload any accompanying documents as part of your application.

By post

You can notify us by post by writing to: Barnsley Metropolitan Borough Council, Licensing, Legal Services, PO Box 634, Barnsley, S70 9GG. You'll also need to send us any accompanying documents.

Please make sure you enclose a cheque for the correct amount, made payable to Barnsley MBC. Your application isn't valid without the inclusion of the necessary payment.

What happens next

We'll acknowledge your notification within five working days and aim to process this within 10 working days.

We'll update the licence (or part) and return it to you for display/reference.

Supporting information

It's an offence if you fail, without reasonable excuse, to comply with the above requirements. Any person guilty of such an offence is liable on summary conviction to a fine not exceeding level 2 on the standard scale.

Trade associations


If you want to make a complaint about a licensed premises, please contact us.

Please also see our review of premises licences.