We are committed to making sure good governance practices are part of everything we do.
We have put together a guide, Local Code of Corporate Governance, to set out standards which we will meet to make sure we are doing the right things in the right ways for the right people. Making sure we are inclusive, that we are open and honest and that we are accountable for what we do. The guide sets out a number of commitments that we promise to follow.
We commit to:
- work with integrity, showing strong commitment to ethical values and follow the rules of the law
- making sure we are open about what we are doing and why. We will speak to our customers about our plans to make sure they meet your needs
- clearly set out our objectives and show what we are trying to achieve to create a good economic, social and environmental Barnsley for all of its residents
- putting plans in place to achieve the objectives we have set to make Barnsley a better place to live, work and visit
- looking at our staff and making sure they have the leadership and skills needed to meet the objectives we have set
- following our set standards to make sure we are making good financial decisions and to ensure we make the best use of taxpayers’ money
- show our good practice by providing reports on the decisions we take and the reasons for them
We have put together an Annual Governance Statement 2018/19 that shows how we are meeting our governance requirements.