We maintain a register of people who are interested in self-build or custom-build projects in Barnsley.
- people building their own homes
- builders or contractors building new houses
- residential refurbishment projects on disused buildings
- community-led housing projects
The register helps us to understand the demand for self-build plots in Barnsley. We use it to make sure we allocate enough land for self-build when we're developing our local plan for the borough.
You can read more about why councils maintain a register in the Self-Build and Custom Housebuilding Act 2015.
Register your interest
Please use our enquiry form to register your interest in self-build.
It would help if you tell us:
- you're interested in self-build
- how many housing plots you want to develop
What happens next
When you're on the register we'll contact you if any land becomes available that meets your self-build requirements.
We'll also contact you every 12 months when we review our register, to confirm you want to remain on it.