Licences for building materials

If you want to apply for a licence to place building materials in a road, please contact us.

We'll arrange a site visit to assess your request and complete your application.

You'll need to give us at least five working days' notice (unless it's an emergency) and the following information:

  • reason you want to store these materials on the highway
  • the exact location
  • how long you expect them to be there

Once you've filled in the application, you'll need to tell us if any of the details you've given us change.

The maximum licence period is five days at a cost of £15 per day. We'll send you an invoice which you can pay by debit or credit card.