Structures above a road

If you need to suspend or erect a structure or object over a road, such as a bridge, beam, crane or wire, you must apply for a licence.

This will cost you £97 unless you’re applying on behalf of a charity; in which case, there will be no charge.

We’ll send you an invoice for this amount, which you can pay by debit or credit card.

You can use our online form to contact us to apply.

Please provide as much detail as you can about the structure you want to suspend and the location.