Barnsley Council, the South Yorkshire Mayoral Combined Authority and their partners are proposing a series of walking and cycling improvements in a scheme called the A635 Active Travel Scheme. The project is part of the Sheffield City Region Active Transforming Cities Fund (TCF).
The A635 Active Travel Scheme is a package of measures. It seeks to promote walking and cycling on the A635 between Stairfoot Roundabout and Hollygrove Roundabout in Goldthorpe.
We've said we'll upgrade many areas of the network. This is to improve the look of the active travel routes in the borough. This scheme is part of that promise. The scheme seeks to improve the key strategic route between the Town Centre and the east of the borough.
Some of the outcomes the scheme aims to achieve include:
- Improved off-road safe cycle routes
- Greater linked routes and wider connections
- Enhanced links to residential areas
- Improved access and awareness of active travel routes
The scheme proposes to deliver:
- Widened footways that run parallel along the A635, through Ardsley and Darfield
- New footway along A6195 between Fitzwilliam Road and Cathill Roundabout
- Improved bus stop with real time bus details, shelters and seating
- Improved junctions and crossing points along the route
- Upgraded street lighting
- New and improved way finders and signage
- Improved links between Fields End Business Park and Doncaster Road
- Changes along Fitzwilliam Road, Darfield to make the active travel route more suitable
- New uncontrolled crossing points across A635
The table below shows the proposed key milestones that the council is working towards.
|Construction start||January 2023|
|Construction end||May 2023|
You can view plans of the proposals through the following links:
Should you require any further details regarding this transport scheme then please contact us by email: firstname.lastname@example.org