We have a transport strategy in place that shows the vision for Barnsley by 2033. The strategy demonstrates that by 2033 Barnsley will have:
- enhanced connectivity to the international airports and ports serving the city regions
- improved connections between Barnsley, the city regions and other economic centres, especially Leeds, Manchester and London
- a transport system that will meet the needs of businesses to access markets and their supply chains
- well-connected employment, recreation, social and housing locations
- connections to high-speed rail and the regional transport hubs
- targeted improvements that enable our road network to perform in the most effective way
To play a part in achieving the strategy, we've secured money from various funds and in partnership aim to deliver numerous transport projects across the district.
Our transport team is asking local people to tell us where they would most like to see work carried out to reduce congestion. Please take part in our short survey which is available until Sunday 30 July.
People can also fill in the survey online at any of our libraries, where paper copies will also be available on request.
- A61 Royston active travel scheme
- A635 active travel scheme
- Darton Station access scheme
- Darton active travel route
- Elsecar Station access scheme
- River Dearne long route scheme
- Worsbrough to Wombwell TPT scheme
For any enquiries about our transport schemes please email: firstname.lastname@example.org