Election of members of the European Parliament for the Yorkshire and the Humber region were held on Thursday 23 May 2019.
- Electorate (as of 16 May 2019): 177,719
- Number of ballot papers verified: 49,607
- Rejected votes: 288
- Turnout: 27.91%
Counting took place today in line with the rest of Europe. Six MEP places were up for grabs in the Yorkshire and Humber region, which Barnsley's results feed in to.
You can see the full results on Leeds City Council's website or follow on Twitter at @LeedsCC_News.
Here is the breakdown of the Barnsley element of the count. These figures are then added to those from the rest of the region to allocate the six MEP places using the D'Hondt proportional representation method.
- Change UK - The Independent Group: 1200
- Conservative and Unionist Party: 1878
- English Democrats: 616
- Green Party: 4064
- Labour Party: 7693
- Liberal Democrats: 4618
- The Brexit Party: 23,459
- The Yorkshire Party: 2892
- UK Independence Party (UKIP): 2899