You can pay for a council service online, by Direct Debit, or by standing order.
You can pay online for any of the services in the drop-down menu on our pay page.
Paying by Direct Debit
This is a simple, convenient and safe way to pay for some of our services.
- Set up a Direct Debit to pay your council tax
- Set up a Direct Debit to pay your business rates
- Pay Barnsley Council invoices starting with a 3 or 9 by Direct Debit on our pay page.
- Pay your housing rent by Direct Debit by setting this up on the Berneslai Homes website.
You can also use the form on our pay page to pay with a debit or credit card using your smartphone.
Paying by phone
Call our 24 hour automated telephone payment line on (01226) 775445.
We accept all cards, apart from American Express and Diners.
Please note this facility is not available for paying accounts starting with M or P. You can make a payment for invoices starting M or P on our pay page.
Paying by standing order
To set up a standing order, contact your bank and give them the account number you're paying and our bank details:
- bank name: Barclays Bank plc, 10-18 Queen Street, Barnsley S70 1SJ
- bank account name: Barnsley MBC Income
- sort code: 20-08-07
- bank account number: 83651142