Health and wellbeing centres offer a variety of social activities for people who could be at risk of becoming isolated in their own home.
As well as giving people the opportunity to enjoy some company, day services can also offer them, for example, a cooked meal and help with personal care if they need it. People being cared for by a family member can also go into day services to allow their carer to take a break from their caring role.
Day care for older people
In Barnsley, we have three health and wellbeing centres and a dementia wellbeing centre offering day care to older people:
- Age UK Centre – Central Barnsley
- Tier Centre - Darton
- Westmeads Live Well Centre – Royston
- Dementia Wellbeing Centre: The Core
All four centres offer:
- social contact
- help to remain independent
- activities and exercise
- respite to carers
- help to remain in your own homes
- information and advice on other community services and facilities
The Dementia Wellbeing Centre also offers an outreach service.
You can read more about day care services in our guide for older people.