Health and wellbeing centres offer social activities for people who might otherwise become isolated in their own home. The day services they offer give people a chance to socialise, enjoy a cooked meal, and get help with personal care if they need it.
People being cared for by a family member can also go into day services to allow their carer to have a break.
Day care for older people
In Barnsley, we have three health and wellbeing centres and a dementia wellbeing centre offering day care to older people:
- Age UK Centre – Central Barnsley
- Tier Centre - Darton
- Westmeads Live Well Centre – Royston
- Dementia Wellbeing Centre: The Core
All four centres offer:
- social contact
- help to remain independent
- activities and exercise
- respite to carers
- help to remain in your own homes
- information and advice on other community services and facilities
The dementia wellbeing centre also offers an outreach service.
You can read more about day care services in our guide for older people.