Change your details for council tax

A change in your circumstances can affect the amount of council tax you pay. 

You need to tell us about any changes so that we can make sure you’re paying the right amount. Use the form below to tell us about any changes.

Change your address (moving into, out of, or within Barnsley)

If you’re moving into or out of a property, and your address changes, tell us straight away using the form below. This includes Berneslai Homes and private rented properties.

Tell us that your tenant has moved in/out, or that you've bought/sold a property

If you’re a landlord or letting agent and one of your tenants is changing address, let us know by filling in the landlord change of tenant form below. You can also use this form to tell us if you’ve recently bought or sold a property.

Apply for a single person's discount

If your partner, or anyone you were living, with moves out of your home, you an apply for a single person discount on your council tax bill, Fill in the form below to apply.

Telling us that someone has died

If anyone on the council tax account has died you'll need to tell us about. We'll need to update their council tax account. Read more about how to tell us that someone has died here.

All other changes in circumstances

Please tell us about any other changes in your details, such as a change of name, using the form below.  You also need to tell us if you think you no longer qualify for a reduction or exemption.

Contact us online if you need more information about changing your details for council tax.

You can also find other ways to contact us here.