Council tax support and housing benefit reviews

If you’re receiving council tax support or housing benefit, we’ll review your claim every April. 

We'll look at any new benefits you may be receiving, from the Department for Work and Pensions, for example. We'll also take into account any changes to council tax charges or benefit rates.

Additional reviews

From time to time, we'll do an additional review of you council tax and housing benefit. 

This is to check that we’re paying you the right amount of benefit, based on your current circumstances.

It’s important that you fill the form in; your benefit could be suspended if you don’t.

Upload your evidence

We may need more evidence if any of your circumstances have changed since we last reviewed your claim. If so, you can submit this using our online form below.

Change in circumstances

Tell us straight away if your circumstances have changed since you last claimed housing benefit or council tax support.

Check our change your details page for more information.