It makes it easier if you sort your waste before you take it to the tip. Separate it into the following types so it's ready to tip in the right skip:
- green garden waste
- wood and chipboards
- large electrical items
- small electrical items
- hard plastic
- textiles and shoes
- glass bottles and jars
- car oil
- cooking oil
- household batteries
- fridges and freezers (domestic only)
- soil and rubble (maximum of 5 small bags)
- cardboard drinks cartons
- domestic fluorescent tubes and bulbs
Additional waste accepted only at West Street Worsbrough
- Domestic gas canisters that can't be returned to the manufacturer.
- Small quantities of plasterboard.
- Small quantities of asbestos if you contact us first to arrange an appointment.
- Car batteries
Waste not accepted at any of our recycling centres
- Paper (please continue to recycle paper using the kerbside recycling collection service).
- Car tyres (local tyre dealers will accept these for a small disposal fee).
- Large quantities of building and construction waste or soil. If you have more than five bags, we'd suggest you hire a skip.
- Asbestos sheets or large quantities of asbestos. This is hazardous waste and you can find removal companies who will take it away for you.