Our recycling centres will only accept your household waste; they won't take business waste.
It makes it easier if you sort your waste before you take it to the tip. Separate it into the following types so it's ready to tip in the right skip:
- green garden waste
- wood and chipboards
- large electrical items
- small electrical items
- hard plastic
- textiles and shoes
- glass bottles and jars
- car oil
- cooking oil
- household batteries
- fridges and freezers
- soil and rubble (maximum of 5 small bags)
- cardboard drinks cartons
- domestic fluorescent tubes and bulbs
Additional waste accepted only at West Street Worsbrough
- Domestic gas canisters that can't be returned to the manufacturer.
- Small quantities of plasterboard.
- Small quantities of asbestos if you contact us first to arrange an appointment.
- Car batteries
Waste not accepted at any of our recycling centres
- Paper (please continue to recycle paper using the kerbside recycling collection service).
- Car tyres (local tyre dealers will accept these for a small disposal fee).
- Large quantities of building and construction waste or soil. If you have more than five bags, we'd suggest you hire a skip.
- Asbestos sheets or large quantities of asbestos. This is hazardous waste and you can find removal companies who will take it away for you.