Barnsley Family Information Service provides free and confidential information and advice for the whole family.
You can access information via our Barnsley Family Services Directory website, or contact us.
The website provides a huge range of information on childcare, including:
- funded places
- help with childcare costs
- recreational activities and things to do
- how to access early help and family centres
- Barnsley’s local offer and much more
The Barnsley Families Information Service Facebook page has regular posts about things to do, handy tips, events and much more.
We have a dedicated Family Involvement and Information Officer for Disabled Children and Young People. They provide information to families of children and young people aged 0-25 years with a special educational need, disability or complex health need.
They can offer information to families on:
- early help, family support and family centres
- a range of local and national service, including support groups, organisations and charities
- short breaks for children with disabilities, including help to apply for a short break and identify a suitable provider
- local activities and things to do
- useful addresses and contact details
- childcare, including how to access funded childcare places for two year olds in receipt of DLA
- accessing health, social care, and education services for your child
- the Children’s Disability Register
- the local offer – how to access this and get involved
- brokering service for parents/carers of children with disabilities looking for childcare
- events for parents/carers and young people