You can report empty homes to us if they're causing a problem in your neighbourhood. You can also report it if you own an empty home and would like some help.
If the physical condition of the empty property is adversely affecting the adjoining property. Also if the property is unsecure or is the focus of fly-tipping or anti-social behaviour, you should report this to us.
To make a report we'll need your contact details including your name and phone number or email address.
Buying an empty home
If you want to buy an empty home but don't know who the owners are you may be able to trace them through:
- Land Registry - for owner names, and potentially contact addresses
- Ancestry - for the location of named individuals
- GenesReunited - for the location of named individuals
- 192.com - for the location of named individuals
Please note that charges will apply for some of these services.
Report a problem with an empty home
In order for us to investigate, please tell us as much of the following information as you can:
- the address of the empty home
- whether you're the owner of the empty home
- contact details of the owner (if available)
- details of what help you may need if you're the owner
- description of the problems the empty home is causing
- any other information you think is relevant