Met Homes Barnsley is a trading name of the council, delivering new build housing schemes for private sale.
We need to build more than 21,000 homes over the next 20 years in Barnsley to make sure that there’s enough housing for our growing population and to help our economy to grow.
We already work with a range of developers and contractors to stimulate housing growth, but have had to look at our land and assets in a different way to meet these needs.
Met Homes will help us to:
- accelerate housing growth
- provide affordable housing as part of the new build schemes
- generate New Homes Bonus (central government grant to support housing growth) and council tax
- generate return on income that can be invested in other areas
- regenerate council-owned sites that support the wider town centre improvements
Met Homes schemes
Longcar Lane – Blenheim View
Planning approval has been granted to build 32 new homes (4% of annual target) on the former Longcar Professional Development Centre site off Longcar Lane.
The scheme is for:
- 28 x 3 and 4 bed detached and semi-detached homes for private sale
- 4 x 2 bed semi-detached homes for affordable rent, managed by Berneslai Homes
Local developer and contractor, Saul Construction, will be building the homes on behalf of the council.
Work is due to start on site in January 2018 and is expected to take 52 weeks.
Haybrook Barnsley will be managing the sale of the 28 homes for private sale.
You can find out more about the homes on the Haybrook website, or by contacting them at:
1 Market Hill
Phone: (01226) 288880