About the team
Our team helps find people who can give a safe, loving home to a child when they need it most.
We have two teams in our fostering service. One's made up of social workers that recruit and assess potential foster carers and support people who care for a child under a special guardianship order. The second's a team of supervising social workers who support our approved foster carers.
Being an assessing social worker includes things like attending recruitment events, running information evenings, doing home visits with potential new carers and supporting them up to the fostering panel, and assessing and working with kinship carers.
Once approved, foster carers are allocated a supervising social worker who'll do regular home visits to build great relationships with the foster family, check the child is being well cared for, support with learning and development, and offer emotional support.
Reasons to join us
It’s great to work in our team because:
- we all work together to retain foster carers and achieve better outcomes for children
- there’s lots of opportunities for collaborative working, using your initiative and on-the-job learning
- we have relatively small teams, so there’s the opportunity to build positive, supportive peer relationships
- there's a great sense of teamwork
- we have a high retention rate of staff
- there’s a clear pathway for career progression
- we provide regular reflective supervisions
- our team members feel that their manager invests in them
We’d love for you to join our team as a fostering social worker!
Hear from our social workers
My colleagues in Barnsley are extremely supportive and committed to their roles, making it a lovely environment to work in.
- Jade (social worker)