If you want to place posters, leaflets, business cards or any other advertising in a public area or on council land, you must get permission.

If you want to advertise on council-owned land or buildings, check our page about advertising signs or putting a sign above a highway

For advertising on private land or buildings, check our planning advertisement control page.

You can find legislation and more information on fly-posting by looking at:

How to report fly-posting

You can report fly-posting using our online form below.

Please include a description of what's been posted and give the exact location, like street name, nearest house number, street light number, landmark, shop or road junction.