We’re offering an exciting chance to market traders as part of our ongoing investment in local towns and villages.
A business grant of £500 is available to new and existing businesses looking to trade on Wombwell market, who do not currently have a business within Wombwell. There's a limited number of businesses who can apply.
You can apply for the grant using our online form. We'll then review your application and decide if this is accepted. Completing the application form does not guarantee acceptance.
Businesses who apply for the grant must agree to the following terms:
- You must be a new or existing business that does not currently trade in Wombwell.
- Businesses who are accepted for the grant will need to sign a licence agreement.
- You must trade at least one day a week to qualify for the grant.
- All traders applying for a grant, who are new to trading, will need to join the NMTF. The cost of this can be claimed via the grant award. Membership of the NMTF includes:
- Public, product and employers’ liability (up to £10 million)
- Access to support and guidance in business matters.
- Legal and accounting advice.
- Deals with various suppliers.
Wombwell Market takes place every Tuesday, Friday and Saturday from 08:30am to 3pm.
The rents for the market are:
- Pitch 3m x 3m - regular trader - £13.20
- Pitch 3m and gazebo - regular trader - £17