Hiring a park or public space

There are a number of parks and public open spaces that can be hired. This can be for small local events or commercial events such as fairs and circuses.

PLEASE NOTE: For special events please see Demonstrations and parades - granting of permission

Hirers must show that they have public liability insurance cover to the value of £5 million. A temporary events license may be required, (please contact Licensing on 773555).

Approval is subject to meeting the terms and conditions of hire (see below)

We can offer lower hire costs for charities, community and voluntary groups for the hire of land. If you think your group would qualify for a lower rate, please give more details when you return your application form.

Price on application.

Land to rent for grazing animals

We own a number of sites in the borough that you can rent for grazing animals.

When grazing land becomes available, we put it out for tender. We advertise it in the Barnsley Chronicle and on our available land and and property web page.

We don't have a waiting list system and are are not able to keep a record of your interest.

Park services enquiry

If you want to hire a public space for an event