You'll need a licence to:
- create a cellar underneath a building
- to install pavement lights or ventilation systems underneath a street
You should already have planning permission before you apply for a licence from us.
We grant licences subject to the following conditions:
- diversion of Statutory Undertakers apparatus
- method of work for duration of works
- measurements of cellar grate/pavement lights or ducts
- maintenance of apparatus will be by the owner
- public liability insurance in case of accident or claim
A description of these terms can be found in the Highways Act 1980, section 180.
A licence costs £194. When you receive your invoice you can pay online here.
You'll need to contact us to apply for a licence.
Please help by telling us:
- what work you're undertaking
- the location