You'll need a licence to create a cellar underneath a building, to install pavement lights or ventilation systems underneath a street. You should already have planning permission before you apply for a licence from us.
We grant licences subject to the following conditions:
- diversion of Statutory Undertakers apparatus
- method of work for duration of works
- specification of cellar grate/pavement lights or ducts
- maintenance of apparatus will be by the owner
- public liability insurance in case of accident or claim
An explanation of these terms is in the legislation about consent for cellars, pavements and ventilation systems in the Highways Act 1980, section 180
A licence costs £185. When you receive your invoice you can pay online here.
You'll need to contact us to apply for a licence.
Please help by telling us:
- what work you're undertaking
- the location