Skills and employability
Inspire the future workforce
It's important that young people are involved with employers and get chance to experience workplaces. This is key in helping them find their best next step. There's lots of ways your business could support young people. You could work with schools and colleges or even with Careers Hubs on a larger local and regional scale.
As well as directly supporting young people, there's key benefits to businesses. You could improve personal development of your staff or identify new talent for the future.
Get involved by:
- taking part in talks, careers fairs and networking events.
- offering visits to your workplace.
- helping with CV writing, application support and mock interviews.
- offering chances to work shadow.
- Enterprise Adviser volunteer roles.
- giving work experience and work placements.
- mentoring in schools, college and other groups.
- creating apprenticeships and paid undergraduate or graduate internships.
- offering supported internships for people with learning difficulties or disabilities and vulnerable groups.
- matching our commitment to prioritise employment options for young people in or leaving Barnsley care.
Email email@example.com to find out how your business could get involved with local schools.