We all feel the effects of cold winter weather but it can be even more challenging for people with long term ill-health or people over 65.
The new NHS campaign - stay well this winter, gives you information about how to prepare for winter and keep common winter illnesses at
bay, so that you don’t need to go to hospital.
Top tips for a healthy winter
- If you’re eligible make sure you get your flu jab -ask your doctor or visit NHS Choices for advice about flu.
- Keep yourself warm - heat your home to at least 18 degrees C (65F) if you can.
- If you start to feel unwell, even if it’s just a cough or a cold, get help from your pharmacist quickly before it gets more
- Make sure you get your prescription medicines before pharmacies close on Christmas Eve.
- Always take your prescribed medicines as directed.
- Look out for those that might need extra help over winter.
- Find out more information on NHS Choices about staying well this winter.