Adult social care

Sight and hearing loss


If you have any sight or hearing loss that affects your daily life, you can get a social care assessment for us to give you advice and support.

We can also give you information about:

  • training to help you get around independently, safely and confidently in your own home or outdoors
  • communication skills, including using magnifiers, hearing speech on the phone, Braille and Typetalk services
  • specialist equipment that may help you with daily tasks, eg hearing the doorbell or preparing meals and drinks safely
  • independent living skills to help you learn new skills or adapt old ones to carry out a full range of daily living tasks

If you have dual sensory loss we can offer specialist advice, support and appropriate training.

There's no charge for the service, but there may be a cost for some of the equipment we recommend for you.

Contact us

You can contact the sensory impairment team by:

  • calling (01226) 775800
  • texting 07825 454888 (for BSL users)
  • filling in our equipment and adaptations assessment online form below


Useful websites/documents