How to get early help

The best way to get support is to talk to a professional that knows you already. This might be a GP, teacher, family support worker, school nurse, health visitor or early intervention and prevention worker. They'll be able to talk to you about what extra help you may need and how to access it.

If you prefer you can fill in our request for targeted support form; you can also pick one up from your local family hub.

Once you've filled in the form, take it back to the family hub or email it to

If you think the child's in immediate danger, call the police on 999 or (01142) 202020. If the child's not in immediate danger, but you're still concerned about them, call our social care assessment service on (01226) 772423 (weekdays before 5pm).  Call our children's emergency duty team on (01226) 787789 if you’re calling after 5pm, at weekends or bank holidays.

If you want to know more about early help, read our Early Help for Families leaflet or contact the Families Information Service.