School admission arrangements set out how schools will admit pupils.
The arrangements include the published admission number (the maximum number of pupils intended to be admitted to the relevant year group), the oversubscription criteria and information on the waiting list for the school.
Admission arrangements have to be determined 18 months before the September of the academic year for which they’re relevant.
For the academic year 2020-2021 the admission arrangements were determined by 28 February 2019.
Determined admission arrangements for Barnsley schools
Barnsley Council is the admission authority for all community and voluntary controlled schools in the borough. This means that we set the over-subscription criteria and make decisions about which pupils are admitted to these schools.
Governing Bodies are the admission authorities for voluntary aided schools and Academy Trusts are the admission authorities for academies. Details of their individual admission arrangements can be found on their individual websites.
Admission to schools 2020-21
- Admission arrangements for community and voluntary controlled schools 2020-21
- Co-ordinated scheme for admission to schools 2020-21
Admission to schools 2021-22
- Admission arrangements for community and voluntary controlled schools 2021-22
- Co-ordinated scheme for admission to schools 2021-22
- Determination notice 2021-22