The Targeted Information, Advice and Guidance Service (TIAG) provides independent and impartial careers guidance to encourage, support and enable young people to get into education, employment and training.
We have a statutory duty to provide this support to the following young people:
- aged 13 - 24 who have an Education, Health and Care Plan
- aged 13 - 24 who are in care or care leavers
- aged 16-19 and not in education, employment or training (NEET)
- aged 16-18 and working with the Youth Offending Service
If you don’t fall into any of these categories but need support, your school, academy, advanced learning centre or further education provider has a statutory duty to provide careers guidance to their learners. See your education provider for details.
How the Targeted Information, Advice and Guidance (TIAG) Service can help
Every young person we with work is allocated their own TIAG personal adviser.
All of our TIAG personal advisers are fully qualified careers guidance specialists and their job is to help you explore your learning and career options, have high aspirations for the future and support you to get into education, employment or training.
TIAG personal advisers will work with you to identify what kind of support you need to help you fulfil your potential. This could include:
- one-to-one careers guidance to help you plan your next steps and pathways
- attendance at annual, care or case-planning reviews
- visits to learning providers
- information on vacancies and opportunities
- information about open days
- information about what employers want
- help to make applications
- help to write a CV
- interview techniques
We can also arrange personal development and work opportunities and give you a chance to take part in positive activities like volunteering. If necessary, we can refer you to other agencies who can give you specialist support on benefits, housing and health issues.
How to get information, advice and guidance
You can call in to see us at one of our drop-in sessions. For the latest news you can also take a look at our facebook page for the latest news.
|Dearne IKIC young people's centre, Goldthorpe||Wednesday||2pm to 4pm|
|Hoyland Job Club at The Komplex||Monday||1pm to 3pm|
|Penistone library||Tuesday||10am to 2pm|
|Roundhouse Lifelong Learning Centre, Athersley||Monday||1pm to 3pm|
|Wombwell IKIC young people's centre||Tuesday||1pm to 3pm|