If a vehicle, trailer or mobile plant and their contents are being, has been or will be used to commit a waste crime such as fly-tipping. We can seize a vehicle and its contents under the Control of Pollution (Amendment) Act 1989 or the Environmental Protection Act 1990.
A vehicle can be seized:
- if it's used in fly-tipping
- if it's driven by somebody who is not registered as a waste carrier
- if it's used to move waste to somebody who is not registered as a waste carrier
- if it's being used at a site that is breaking the rules of an environmental permit
The details of any vehicles seized will be published here and also displayed in the Town Hall. The information will be displayed on the first working day after the vehicle has been seized and will be displayed for at least 15 days after that.
The police and the registered keeper will be notified in writing that the vehicle has been seized.
Vehicle seizure notices
Current vehicle seizure notices:
- WV56 GZU - Saab linear sport - 21 June 2018
- LX06 FJZ - Renault panel van - 5 June 2018
- AK05 RSK - Ford Transit - 5 June 2018
- AY52 FXP - Fiat Scudo - 4 August 2018
- ML06 MWU - Peugeot Boxer - 31 August 2018
- KHZ 5997 - Ford Transit flat bed - 12 December 2018
- YE17 HCG - Ford Transit - 13 January 2019
- E9 MGW - Ford Transit tipper - 21 February 2019
- LC03 KVP - Ford Transit - 24 February 2019
- YH51 WPO - Silver BMW - 4 June 2019
- YR11 FMZ - Ford Transit - 24 July 2019
- FE08 HSN - Ford Transit - 15 August 2019
- LT61 YKW - Ford Transit drop-side - 26 September 2019