Change your details for Council Tax

A change in your circumstances can affect the amount of Council Tax you pay. You need to tell us about any changes so that we can make sure you’re paying the right amount.

Change your address (moving into, out of, or within Barnsley)

If you’re moving into or out of a property, please tell us straight away about your change of address. This includes if you're a Berneslai Homes or private rented tenant.

Tell us a tenant has moved in/out, or that you've bought/sold a property

If you’re a landlord or letting agent and your tenant changes address, let us know by filling in our change of tenant form.

You can also use this form to tell us if you’ve recently bought or sold a property.

Apply for a single person's discount

If your partner or an adult you were living with moves out of your home, you can apply for a single person discount on your Council Tax bill.

Find out more and how to apply on our Council Tax discounts webpage.

Tell us someone has died

If anyone named on a Council Tax account has died, you need to tell us about this. Find out how to tell our Council Tax service about a death.

All other changes in circumstances

Please tell us about any other changes in your details, such as a change of name, using our online form.

You also need to tell us if you think you no longer qualify for any Council Tax discounts or exemptions.

Contact us online if you need more information about changing your details for Council Tax. You can also find other ways to contact us here.