About the team
We’re a multi agency team and work with partners such as the police, health services and housing teams. We develop creative ways to keep children safe and plans for children in need and childcare. We’re not just about typical child plans - we look at the wider, creative area of work.
We're involved in preventative work, such as the early indicators of child exploitation. We look at wider issues, such as meetings around areas for concern and peer groups, and with interventions in schools.
Our team also:
- take part in police operations
- work with homeless young people aged 16 and 17
- get involved in workshops in schools
- attend drop-in sessions for young people
- train staff
Reasons to join us
It's great to work in our team because:
- we have a great relationship with the partners we work with
- we all work together easily and well
- there's a lot support from the team manager
- we have regular reflective supervision meetings
- we always have support from managers when more difficult cases arise
- you can complete training which isn’t offered anywhere else. This includes subjects such police training around child exploitation.
It’s a really exciting time to join our team. There's research into best practice, and we're really developing our exploitation service. Join us and you'll be part of something exciting and be able to contribute to our future development.
Hear from our social workers
Barnsley Council is a very warm and welcoming place to work, just like the town itself. I've been given great opportunities in Barnsley and the support I need to develop as a practitioner.
- Rebecca (social care team manager)