Civil ceremony venues and licences

Venues that want to be able to hold civil marriage or civil partnership ceremonies must be licensed to do this. These are called approved venues or premises.

When you’re booking a venue you need to make sure that the venue is licensed to hold civil ceremonies.

You’ll need to book your ceremony directly with the venue. You'll also need to book and pay for a registrar to conduct your wedding ceremony or civil partnership ceremony.

Licensed civil ceremony venues in Barnsley

Venue Address Phone number
Barnsley Football Club Oakwell Stadium, Grove Street, Barnsley, S71 1ET (01226) 211555
Burntwood Court Hotel Common Road, Brierley, Barnsley, S72 9ET (01226) 711123
Cannon Hall Museum Cawthorne, Barnsley, S75 4AT (01226) 790270
Ceremony Suite, Town Hall Barnsley Town Hall, Church Street, Barnsley, S70 2TA (01226) 773555
Cubley Hall Mortimer Road, Cubley, Penistone, Nr. Sheffield, S36 9DF  (01226) 766086
Elsecar Heritage Centre Wath Road, Elsecar, Barnsley, S74 8HJ  (01226) 740203
Holiday Inn Barnsley Barnsley Road, Dodworth, Barnsley, S75 3JT  (01226) 299571
Priory Campus Pontefract Road, Lundwood, Barnsley, S71 5PN (01226) 770610
Shaw Lane Sports and Banqueting Complex Shaw Lane, Barnsley, S70 6HZ  (01226) 203509
Spicer Manor Spicer House Lane, Ingbirchworth, Sheffield, S36 7AG  07921 138696
Tankersley Manor Hotel Church Lane, Tankersley, Barnsley, S75 3DQ (01226) 744700
The Bluebell Suite Elmhirst Lane, Dodworth, Barnsley, S75 4LS (01226) 786222
The New Inn Bridge Street, Penistone, Sheffield, S36 7AH (01226) 762843
Wortley Hall  Wortley, Sheffield, S35 7DB (0114) 2882100

Licensed venues in England and Wales

You can find a full list of all approved civil ceremony venues in England and Wales on the GOV.UK website.

How to get an approved premises licence

In Barnsley the council is the licencing authority for venues wanting to be approved to hold civil marriages and civil partnerships.

We’re always on the lookout for more suitable venues, such as restaurants, hotels and other prestigious buildings.

Contact us if you’d like to apply for an approved premises licence.