If you want to place the following in a public area or on council land, you must get permission:

  • Posters¬†
  • Leaflets
  • Business cards
  • Any other advertising

To advertise on council-owned land or buildings, check our page about advertising signs or putting a sign above a highway. 

For advertising on private land or buildings, check our planning advertisement control page.

You can find more information on fly-posting in:

How to report fly-posting

You can report fly-posting using our online form.

Please tell us what's been posted and the location. This includes details such as:

  • street name
  • nearest house or street light number
  • landmark
  • shop
  • road junction.

If you need to report graffiti or stickering, visit our graffiti webpage.