A new place to find all your old favourites
Barnsley Indoor Market opened in 2018 following an extensive refurbishment programme. The former Metropolitan Centre was transformed to become a new home for the world-class Barnsley Market.
On the ground floor there are currently two entrances one from May Day Green and one from Cheapside, the main town centre shopping precinct. A third entrance will be created as part of The Glass Works development leading from the new covered town centre walkway.
The entrance from Cheapside leads through the main fresh produce offer which includes many of your old favourites such as Barkers Butchers, Keith's Quality Meats and Morley Meats, fishmongers Joseph Cliffe and Tom Hall, and the fantastic Deli Butcher. New stalls in this area include a baker and a butcher offering cooked and raw meats.
On the ground floor of the market, as well as 15 fresh food stalls you’ll also find 68 stalls including fresh fruit and vegetables, bakers, florists, as well as some of the famous faces from the markets including Pats for Pants, Sailor Sid’s and Devine Footwear.
Upstairs there are a further 46 stalls including fashion, household textiles, wool, hairdressers and of course familiar faces such as Dantina Foods.
Fresh fish, locally made cheese and a Barnsley chop - what could be better!
Open Monday to Saturday 8.30am to 4pm.
Find a trader
You can download a copy of our market map which shows the location of all your old favourites and new traders.
Or search by product under the headings below:
- FH - ground floor units, Cheapside entrance
- GF - ground floor units
- FF - first floor units
- MK - upper floor cafes, bar and restaurants - Market Kitchen
We try to keep our location information up to date, but things do occasionally change so if you can't find what you're looking for please contact us or ask a member of staff at the market.
- The Krusty Loaf - GF8
- Potts Bakers - GF55
- Market Oven - FH12
Books and cards
- Amy's Cards - GF48
- Card Corner - GF59-60
- Mike's Cards - GF35-36
- Mike's Famous Book Stall - FF45
- Smithson Cards - FF46
Cafes, bar and restaurants
You can take a look at what's on offer in our Market Kitchen.
- Hilton's Cafe - MK1
- Kay's Cafe - MK3
- Paul's Cafe - MK2
- Cucina Sky Lounge - MK
- Khao Niew Thai Cafe - MK
- Jar Bar - MK
- Daddy Beanz Coffee - MK
- Dolly's Desserts - MK
- Rajah - MK
- Meze Kitchen - MK
- Nero - MK
- Pou Poutine - MK
Clothing and shoes
- Bag World - GF65/66
- Cindy's Fashion - FF24-25
- Deli Ladies Clothing - GF57-58 and GF61
- Devine's Footwear - GF33 and GF38
- Fashion 4 U - GF43-45
- Leggots Chain Store Clothing - GF10
- Lou Lous babywear - FF22
- Pats for Pants - GF63 and GF68
- Tima Shoes and Bags - FF36
- Dantina Foods - FF10-11
- Sailor Sid's Sweets - GF30-31
- Sweet Treats - GF62
Craft and textiles
- Barnsley Bedding - FF14-16
- Brian's Best Wools - FF18
- JDM Textiles - FF29
- Sew Easy - FF32
- Birkinshaw Traditional Cooked Meats - GF54
- Pickle's Fine Foods - GF37
- Keith's Quality Meats - FH3
- Mediterranean Deli
- Cloverleaf Flowers - GF46
- C Stobbart Fresh Flowers - GF26-27
Fruit and veg
- 5 A Day - MF05
- D S Fruits - GF34
- Dave and Dave Fruit and Veg - GF52-53
- E B Price and Son Fruit and Veg - GF28-29
- Dantina Foods - FF33-34
- The Corner Shop - FH09
- Weigh to Save - GF23
Hair, health and beauty
- Aroma Cosmetics and Perfumes - FF35
- Brows and Lashes Bar - GF7
- Chloe's Cutz - FF28
- Scissorhands by Jo - GF5
- Zest Perfumes and More Ltd - FF1-2
- Bathbomb Boutique - GF41
- Gifted UK - GF32 & GF39
- Homestyle Quality Furniture - GF1-4
- Polar Appliances - FF6
- RJ Wood Project - FH9
- Tri-Beds - FF40 and FF43
- Wilshire Carpets - GF24-25
- Bits n Bobs - FF27
- Lou Lou's - FF22
Jewellery and accessories
- Warner's Jewellery - GF50
- Watch Box - FF12
Meat and fish
- Barker's Butchers - FH15
- Deli Butcher - MF11
- Dunn Deals - FH9
- Joseph Cliffe Fishmonger - FH7
- Keith's Quality Meats - FH4
- Morley Meats - FH1
- Tom Hall Fishmonger - FH6
- JC's pets - FF30-31
- Identity Barnsley - GF11
- John's Heel Bar - GF56
- Original E-cigs Company Ltd - FF44
- Photo Vision - GF22
Yorkshire Rose Travel - FF39
Mobile phones and computing
- Fone Connections - GF40
- Mr Singh's Mobile Accessories - GF49
- Repair I.T. 4 U - GF6
- Unlock-a-Phone - FF4
You can take a look at the facilities we have available to help you plan your visit.
Market officers and security staff are on site and are on hand to help with any questions you have. If you need to contact the Markets Office you can call us on (01226) 772239. We'll try and help with your query to help you have a pleasant shopping experience with us.
Our town centre pay-and-display car parks offer easy access to shops and leisure attractions in Barnsley.
You can take a look at our car parking information.
You can enjoy free WiFi in Barnsley Market. Simply search for BMBC-Public network.
There are toilets on the ground and first floor
Dogs are not allowed in the market with the exception to assistant dogs.
- Blue Badge parking available in town centre
- 2 large enclosed passenger lifts with tactile floor indicator buttons
- 4 independent and fully equipped toilets, wide doors, support fixtures and integral alarm
- Entrance doors fully automatic
- Emergency evacuation plan and trained staff to assist our disabled customers if this is needed.
Be a part of it
If you're interested in running a unit in the new indoor market, we'd really like to hear from you. You can fill in our enquiry form and a member of the team will be in touch.