Barnsley indoor market
Barnsley indoor market opened in 2018 following an extensive refurbishment programme. It's open Monday to Saturday from 8.30am to 4pm.
On the ground floor you'll find fresh produce stalls. These include Barkers Butchers, Keith's Quality Meats, Morley Meats, fishmongers Joseph Cliffe and Tom Hall, and the fantastic Deli Butcher. You’ll also find stalls selling fresh fruit and vegetables, bakers and florists. It's also home to some famous faces, including Pats for Pants, Sailor Sid’s and Devine Footwear.
Upstairs there's lots more stalls, including fashion, household textiles, wool, hairdressers and familiar faces such as Dantina Foods.
Fresh fish, locally made cheese and a Barnsley chop - what could be better?
You can also save time and shop online from the market with Click and Collect Barnsley.
Facilities at the market
Our town centre pay-and-display car parks offer easy access to shops and leisure attractions in Barnsley.
You can take a look at our car parking information.
Market officers and security staff are on site and are on hand to help with any questions you have. If you need to contact the Markets Office you can call us on (01226) 772239. We'll try and help with your query to help you have a pleasant shopping experience with us.
- Blue Badge parking is available in the town centre.
- There are two large enclosed passenger lifts with tactile floor indicator buttons.
- There are four independent and fully equipped toilets with wide doors, support fixtures and integral alarm.
- Entrance doors are fully automatic.
- Trained staff to help disabled customers with an emergency evacuation if this is needed.
Dogs are not allowed in the market with the exception to assistant dogs.
There are toilets on the ground and first floor.
You can enjoy free Wi-Fi in Barnsley Market. Simply search for the BMBC-Public network.
Find a trader
You can find a trader by:
- downloading a copy of the market map
- using our 3D tour of the market
- selecting the type of product you need
Traders and locations do occasionally change, so if you can't find what you're looking for please ask a member of staff at the market.
Key to trader locations
- FH - ground floor food hall units
- GF - ground floor units
- FF - first floor units
- MK - upper floor cafes, bar and restaurants (Market Kitchen)
- Market Oven - FH12
- Potts Bakers - GF55
- The Krusty Loaf - GF8
Books and cards
- Amy's Cards - GF48
- Card Corner - GF59-60
- Mike's Cards - GF35-36
- Mike's Famous Book Stall - FF45
- Smithson Cards - FF46
Cafes, bar and restaurants
You can take a look at what's on offer in Market Kitchen.
- Cucina Sky Lounge - MK
- Dolly's Desserts - MK
- Hilton's Cafe - MK1
- Jar Bar - MK
- Kay's Cafe - MK3
- Khao Niew Thai Cafe - MK
- Meze - MK
- Nero Pizza - MK
- Paul's Cafe - MK2
- Pou Poutine - MK
- Rajah Foods - MK
Clothing and shoes
- Bag World - GF65/66
- Cindy's Fashion - FF24-25
- Deli Ladies Clothing - GF57-58 and GF61
- Devine's Footwear - GF33 and GF38
- Fashion 4 U - GF43-45
- Leggots Chain Store Clothing - GF10
- Lou Lous babywear - GF19 and GF22
- Pats for Pants - GF63 and GF68
- Tima Shoes and Bags - FF36
- Dantina Foods - FF10-11
- Sailor Sid's Sweets - GF30-31
- Sweet Treats - GF62
Craft and textiles
- JDM Textiles - FF29
- Birkinshaw Traditional Cooked Meats - GF54
- Keith's Quality Meats - FH3
- Mediterranean Deli FH02
- Cloverleaf Flowers - GF46
Fruit and veg
- 5 A Day - MF05
- D S Fruits - GF34
- Dave and Dave Fruit and Veg - GF52-53
- E B Price and Son Fruit and Veg - GF28-29
- Dantina Foods - FF33-34
- The Corner Shop - FH09
- Weigh to Save - GF23
Hair, health and beauty
- Brows and Lashes Bar - GF7
- Chloe's Cutz - FF28
- Scissorhands by Jo - GF5
- Animal Kingdom Barnsley Ltd - GF24 and GF25
- Bits n Bobs - FF27
- Gifted UK - GF32 and GF39
- Homestyle Quality Furniture - GF1-4
- Polar Appliances - FF6
- RJ Wood Project - FH9
- Tri-Beds - FF40 and FF43
Jewellery and accessories
- Warner's Jewellery - GF50
- Watch Box - FF12
Meat and fish
- Barker's Butchers - FH15
- Deli Butcher - MF11
- Joseph Cliffe Fishmonger - FH7
- Keith's Quality Meats - FH4
- Morley Meats - FH1
- Tom Hall Fishmonger - FH6
Mobile phones and computing
- Fone Connections - GF40
- Mr Singh's Mobile Accessories - GF49
- Unlock-a-Phone - FF4
- JC's Pets - FF30-31
- Identity Barnsley - GF11
- John's Heel Bar - GF56
- Original E-cigs Company Ltd - FF44
- N-able - GF67
Yorkshire Rose Travel - FF39