Hiring a park or public space

There are a number of parks, recreation grounds and public open spaces that are available for hire. This can be for small community events or commercial events such as fairs and circuses.

PLEASE NOTE: For information on special events like demonstrations, parades and street parties please see Demonstrations and parades - granting of permission

Hirers must provide evidence of public liability insurance cover to the value of £5 million. A temporary events license may be required, (please contact Licensing on 773555).

Approval is subject to meeting the terms and conditions of hire (see below)

The council offers concessionary charges to local charities, community groups and voluntary organisations for the hire of land. If you think your organisation would qualify for a reduction in charge please provide additional details when you return your application form.

Price on application.

Land to rent for grazing animals

We own a number of sites in the borough that you can rent for grazing animals.

When grazing land becomes available, we put it out for tender. We advertise it in the Barnsley Chronicle and on our available land and and property web page.

We don't operate a waiting list system and are unable to keep a record of your interest.

Park services enquiry

If you want to hire a public space for an event

Please leave us some feedback