Find out if you need planning permission

You may need planning permission If you're thinking about extending or altering your home. Including work on any of the following, 

  • outbuildings
  • conservatories
  • patios and decking
  • house extensions
  • flue, chimney or soil and vent pipe
  • fuel tanks
  • garage conversions
  • loft conversions
  • driveways and dropped kerbs
  • paving and front gardens
  • roofs
  • walls and fences

Before you carry out any work, check the links below to the Planning Portal interactive house. This gives you advice on some of the common household projects and whether they need planning permission.

We offer a pre-application advice service, which we strongly recommend you use before submitting your planning application.

You may also need building regulations approval.  

For specific advice please use the pre-application advice service.