Regeneration and investment
In partnership with developers and the Sheffield City Region (SCR), we're investing in Barnsley and creating development opportunities which will enhance employment aspirations in the borough.
Our Jobs and Business Plan aims to create 39,000 jobs and attract 1,600 new businesses to Barnsley by 2033.
The plan has five main themes:
- invest in infrastructure
- attracting inward investment
- improving the town centre
- growing existing businesses
- encouraging higher productivity start-ups
Regional economic plan
As part of the Sheffield City Region we've secured funding for projects within six thematic priorities:
- skills, employment and education
- business growth
- housing and infrastructure (integrated infrastructure plan)
- trade and investment
- promoting the city region
The Sheffield City Region Strategic Economic Plan aims to deliver 70,000 new private sector jobs and 6,000 new businesses over a ten year period.