Older person's bus pass

If you’re a senior citizen, you’re entitled to a free off-peak travel pass. This is done through the English National Concession Travel Scheme (ENCTS).

The pass allows you to travel for free in off peak-times on buses in England (including on buses and trams in South Yorkshire). 

Travel South Yorkshire is the body in charge of the scheme in this area.

How to apply for a pass

You can apply for a pass in person at The Information Centre in Barnsley Interchange or online at Travel South Yorkshire.

To find out more, including how to renew passes or replace lost passes, you can go online to Travel South Yorkshire. You can also call Traveline on (01709) 515151.