Easy read is not just for people with learning disabilities. It's also useful for anyone who wants to find important information quickly.
Easy read is usually simple language and basic facts. It also uses drawings and photos to make information easier to understand.
Some easy read information is on film or on audio, so you can watch it or listen to it.
Our easy read links
You'll see links to easy read information and films on some of our webpages. We'd like to thank those who have developed and shared their easy read information for us to use.
Care and support services
- Budgets and direct payments (a leaflet produced by Mencap)
- A guide to the Care Act and the changes that it made to adult social services (GOV.UK)
Having your say and making a complaint
- How to complain about adult social care and support (Local Government and Social Care Ombudsman)
Health and staying well
- The Easy Health website has lots of information about health issues and medical conditions (Easy Health)
- Going to the doctor or hospital (NHS England)
- Good health care for all has tips about using the NHS, what to expect and how to get advice (Foundation for People with Learning Disabilities)
- Eye care information about looking after your eyesight (SeeAbility)
Home and housing
- What standards you have a right to expect in a care home (Care Quality Commission)
- What to do if hate or harassment is happening to you in Barnsley (Barnsley Council)
- How to use a mobile phone and about free services for disabled people (Ofcom)
Lieutenancy of South Yorkshire
Money, benefits and advice
- About council tax (Barnsley Council)
- Discretionary Housing Payment (Barnsley Council)
- Paying for adult social care and about the changes in the Care Act (GOV.UK)
- About PIP, what it is and how to claim it (Department for Work and Pensions)
- Banking (United Response)
Working, learning and volunteering
- Getting into jobs and getting on (Department of Work and Pensions)
- Equality Policy (Barnsley Council)