We have two types of collections for large items:
- standard large item collection - for up to 12 items
- business and premium service for:
- items not on our standard list of things we can collect
- collections of more than 12 items
- all landlord or business collections
Please read the following information to see which service you need and how to apply.
Standard large item collections
You can use our standard collection service for unwanted items that are too big to put in your bin. We'll take up to 12 items in one collection. Please see the list of items we can collect.
Items we can collect
- Animal cage/pet carrier
- Bath (not metal)
- Barbecue (gas/charcoal - no bottle)
- Bed frame/base
- Bedside cabinet
- Black sacks filled with general household waste (must not contain food waste). Five black sacks count as one item and we can collect a maximum of 10 sacks (two items) per collection.
- Bread maker
- Cabinet/display case (no glass)
- Cardboard (tied bundle)
- Carpet/underlay/lino (rolled and tied, max 25kg)
- Chair (dining/upholstered/office)
- Chaise longue
- Child car seat
- Christmas tree (artificial/plastic/real)
- Clothes line/rotary airer
- Coffee machine
- Compost bin
- Computer base/monitor
- Cooker (gas/electric)
- Cot (dismantled)
- Door (internal only - no glass)
- Dressing table (no glass/mirrors)
- DVD/CD holder
- DVD/video player
- Exercise equipment (not electric)
- Extractor fan
- Fire (gas/electric)
- Fire guard
- Fire surround (wood only)
- Foot stool/pouffe
- Fridge/freezer (domestic only - must be emptied of food)
- Garden bench
- Garden chair
- Garden table
- Gate (max 2m x 1.4m)
- Golf bag/trolley/clubs
- Hedge trimmer (electric/petrol/manual)
- Hob (gas/electric)
- Hoover/vacuum cleaner
- Ironing board
- Kitchen unit/worktop (max length 3m)
- Laminate flooring (tied bundles, max 25kg)
- Lawn mower (electric/petrol/manual)
- Leaf blower (electric/petrol/manual)
- Mattress (any size)
- Metal bar (max length 3m)
- Microwave/mini oven
- Ottoman/blanket/storage/toy box
- Oven (gas/electric)
- Paddling pool
- Patio heater (no gas bottle)
- Pedal/kitchen bin
- Rug (rolled and tied)
- Satellite dish
- Sewing/knitting machine
- Shower tray
- Sink (bathroom/kitchen)
- Sky/Freeview/digital box
- Slide (dismantled)
- Slow cooker/electric pan
- Stepladder/ladders (max length 3m)
- Stool/bar stool
- Strimmer (electric/petrol)
- Sun lounger
- Sunbed (no tubes)
- Swing (dismantled)
- Table (dining/coffee/lamp/side - no glass)
- Tent/tent pole
- Toilet/toilet bowl/cistern
- Toy (large/small)
- Trampoline (small and dismantled)
- Tumble dryer
- TV cabinet/stand/unit (no glass)
- TV/television aerial
- Wardrobe (must be emptied)
- Washing machine
- Water butt
- Wood (tied bundles, maximum weight of 25kg)
We can collect five black sacks of general household waste and count these as one item. The sacks must not contain any food waste.
The maximum number of black sacks we'll collect per order is 10 (two items).
You can mix and match black sacks with other items from the list of things we can collect, and you'll still need a minimum of two items to use the service.
We'll pick your items up within 10 working days of submitting your form (it can take longer if there's a bank holiday). We won't be able to tell you the day and time we're coming.
There's a charge for this service:
- £24 for up to two items
- £7.50 for each additional item, up to a maximum of 12 items per order
If you need to dismantle something, such as a wardrobe, we'll still count it as one item.
Arrange a standard collection
You can arrange and pay for a standard collection by filling in our online form.
Before you begin
Have you thought about other ways to get rid of your unwanted items for free?
- use a charity like Barnsley Hospice, The British Heart Foundation or Freecycle. They'll usually collect items that can be reused.
- take them to your local recycling centre (tip) if they're not reusable.
Please check the list of items we can collect before you fill in the form.
Don't use this form if:
- you're a landlord or business owner
- you've got more than 12 items for collection
- you've got commercial items for collection
- you've got an American style fridge/freezer for collection
- you've got gas-powered cooling equipment for collection (eg caravan fridge)
Please use our business and premium collection form for any of these requests.
What happens after submitting your request
We'll pick your items up within 10 working days of submitting your form. It can take longer if there's a bank holiday. We won't be able to tell you the day and time we're coming.
You need to put the items we're collecting outside your home as soon as we've sent you confirmation of your order. We won't be able to come back for items that you don't put out in time.
You need to leave the items within the boundary of your property and not obstructing the pavement. Please make sure your things are easy for us to access. If they're behind a locked gate for example, we won't come back for them.
Items like fridges or wardrobes need to be empty or we won't collect them.
Business and premium collection service
You need to use our business and premium service if you're a landlord or run a business.
If you're a resident, you need to use this service if you need:
- items removing that aren't on our standard list of items we can collect
- commercial items picked up
- gas-powered cooling equipment or an American style fridge/freezer picked up
- more than 12 items removing
The prices and timescales for this service can vary depending on what you want us to collect and when.
Arrange a business or premium collection
Please use our online form to ask about this service. We'll email you back with a quote to remove your items and send you a link to pay online.