Had enough of fly-tipping in Barnsley? We have too. As part of #EverybodyThink, we're letting residents know how they can help us in our fight against illegal dumpers. If we all work together, we can reduce instances of fly-tipping and blight in our borough.
What we're doing
This year, we continue to work hard to stop fly-tippers blighting our borough. We want to make our borough more sustainable by wasting less and making people feel connected and valued in their area.
Clearing dumped waste
Clearing dumped waste across Barnsley thanks to our team. On average, they clear over 90 per cent of reported fly-tipping within five days, every month.
Bringing illegal dumpers to justice
Bringing illegal dumpers to justice, with help from our enforcement team.
Cracking down on unlicensed waste carriers
Cracking down on those who hand their waste over to unlicensed carriers, that give fly-tippers the option to illegally dump their rubbish.
How you can help
- You can let us know about dumped waste across the borough by reporting fly-tipping.
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you think that someone may be dumping waste, or if you have any knowledge about fly-tippers in the area.
How can I stop my waste being fly-tipped?
- Only give your waste to licensed carriers and carry out the proper checks. Not only is it against the law, but handing over your waste to unlicensed carriers may lead to it being fly-tipped in our borough.
- If you're looking for someone to remove your rubbish, we can pick up your large unwanted items for a small fee.
- If you run a business, you must have a contract with a registered waste carrier to ensure your waste is being disposed of correctly. You can check online with the Environment Agency to find out if they're licenced.
Want to be in the know?
You can follow our fight against fly-tipping by visiting the Everybody Think Facebook page. We'll keep you updated with the latest fly-tipping news, top tips for being waste wise and share the work from our team.