Before you report a missed bin you may want to check you've put the right bin out.
Missed bin rounds
If we’ve not emptied the bins on your street it may be because our crew has had a breakdown, the bin lorry is full or there were parked cars blocking our access. You don't need to report this to us, because we'll already know there's been a problem. You can leave your bin out and we'll return to empty it, usually the next day. Check for known service problems here.
If you run a business, and we've not emptied your commercial waste bins, please report this to our business waste team.
Tell us about a missed bin
If your neighbours' bins have been emptied, but yours hasn't, it may be that it's been missed. We're sorry, but we can't return to pick up individual bins.
You can use our online form below to report a missed bin to us and to order three strong extra sacks to use until your next collection day, if your bin is full. There's no charge for the sacks and we'll send them to you by second class post when we've received your form. Open the tab below to read more about the extra sacks.
This form is for household bins only, if you're a business customer you should contact us instead if we've missed your bin.
You'll need to fill the form in no later than 2 days after your bin was missed.
Please don't report the same missed bin more than once.
We have CCTV on our bin lorries, so we'll also check why we've missed your bin.
Before you begin
You'll need to tell us your address on the form. If you live above a commercial property please use your own address and not the name of the business or shop.
Please don't use this form if:
- you run a business and we've not emptied your commercial waste bins; get in touch with our business waste team
- the bins on your street haven't been emptied, we'll know about this already and will be returning to collect them, check for known service problems here
- you didn't put your bin out on time
- you've put the wrong bin out, check your bin collection days here
- we've put a sticker on your bin to say it's too heavy to empty, you'll need to take some items out
- we've put a contaminated sticker on your bin; this means there's something in the wrong bin and you'll need to take it out before we can empty it, such as waste in a recycling bin
- we've missed your white sack for paper recycling, you can put any other strong bag out for collection next time
How to use the extra sacks
If you've ordered sacks, we'll send you the appropriate colour for the bin collection that was missed:
- pink sacks for your grey bin waste
- clear sacks for blue or brown bin recycling
The three sacks have the same capacity as one bin and are strong enough to leave outside. You'll need to put them out with the bin that was missed on your next collection day. We'll collect up to three pink sacks alongside a grey bin, or up to three clear sacks alongside a blue or brown bin.
Please don't use any of your own sacks if we've missed your bin, we can only pick up the ones we've provided.
You don't need to tell us if your white sack hasn't been emptied. You can use your own bags to put out any additional paper for your next collection.