Before you report a missed bin please check your bin day to make sure you put the right bin out.
We don't collect bins from empty or unoccupied property, so please don't report them as missed.
Missed bin rounds
If we’ve not emptied the bins on your street it may be because our crew has had a breakdown or the bin lorry is full. You don't need to report this to us, because we'll already know there's been a problem. You can leave your bin out and we'll return to empty it, usually the next day. You can check for disruptions to bin collections in our alerts section, where we list any service problems we know about and details of any re-scheduled collection days.
If your whole street’s bins have been missed and it doesn’t appear on our alerts page by the following day, or we don't collect it on the stated date, please report it using the link at the bottom of this page.
We have CCTV on our bin lorries, so we'll also check why we've missed your bin.
If you run a business and we've not emptied your commercial waste bins, please report this to our business waste team.
Tell us about a missed bin
If your neighbours' bins have been emptied but yours hasn't, it may be that it's been missed. We're sorry, but we can't return to pick up individual bins.
If it's less than 48 hours since your bin was missed you can use our online form below to report it to us.
If it's your grey bin that's been missed you can also use the form to order three strong extra sacks to use until your next collection day. If it's your brown bin we can also send clear sacks for plastic bottles. There's no charge for the sacks and we'll send them to you by second class post when you've submitted your form. You can read about how to use the extra sacks below.
We're sorry, but we can't send extra sacks for missed green or blue bins as the sacks aren't suitable and will contaminate the recycling process. We'll collect your green or blue bin on your next scheduled collection day. If your bin is full, you can take garden waste or cardboard to one of our recycling centres.
You can also leave extra cardboard out with your bin on your next blue bin collection day. Please tear it into smaller pieces and place it inside one small or medium sized box. You can leave this box next to your bin on collection day. The box must be small enough to fit back inside the bin as the crew will re-fill and re-empty your bin for you. Please only put this out on the morning of your collection and only when the weather is dry.
Before you begin
You'll need to tell us your address in the form. If you live above a commercial property, please use your own address and not the name of the business or shop.
Please don't use this form if:
- you run a business and we've not emptied your commercial waste bins; get in touch with our business waste team
- the bins on your street haven't been emptied; we'll know about this already and will return to collect them. You can check for service problems we know about in our alerts section.
- you didn't put your bin out on time
- you put the wrong bin out; you can check your bin day here
- it's more than 48 hours since your bin was missed
- we put a sticker on your bin to say it's too heavy to empty; you'll need to take some items out
- we put a contaminated sticker on your bin; this means you've put something in the wrong bin, such as waste in a recycling bin. Please take the item out so that we can collect your bin next time.
- we missed your green or blue bin; we'll empty it on your next green or blue bin collection day
- your property is empty/unoccupied
How to use the extra sacks
If you've ordered sacks, we'll send you the appropriate colour for the bin collection that was missed:
- pink sacks for your grey bin waste
- clear sacks for brown bin recycling
The three sacks have the same capacity as one bin and are strong enough to leave outside. You'll need to put them out with the bin that was missed on your next collection day. We'll collect up to three pink sacks alongside a grey bin, or up to three clear sacks alongside a brown bin.
Please don't use any of your own sacks if we've missed your bin; we can only pick up the ones we've provided.