If your bin's not been emptied on your scheduled collection day you can report this to us.
If your street's been missed
If we’ve not emptied the bins on your street it may be because our crew has had a breakdown or the bin lorry is full. You don't need to report this to us because we'll already know there's been a problem. You can leave your bin out and we'll return to empty it, usually the next day.
Please check our disruptions to bin collections page, as we list any service problems we know about and details of re-scheduled collections on there. If your street isn't listed or we don't collect the bins on the re-scheduled date, please report this to us below.
If just your bin's been missed
If your neighbours' bins have been emptied but yours hasn't, it may be that it's been missed. We're sorry, but we can't return to pick up individual bins.
If it's less than 48 hours since your bin was missed you can use our online form below to report it to us. Before making a report please check your bin day to make sure you put the right bin out. We have CCTV on our bin lorries, so we'll also check why we've missed your bin.
Missed grey/brown bins
If your grey bin's been missed you can also use the form to order three strong sacks to use until your next collection. If your brown bin's been missed we can send sacks that you can use for plastic bottles, food tins, foil trays and drinks cans (all glass must be within your bin).
There's no charge for the sacks and we'll send them to you by second class post after making your report. You can read about how to use the sacks below.
Missed green/blue bins
If your green or blue bin's been missed we'll collect it on your next scheduled collection day. We're sorry, but we can't send sacks for these bins as the sacks aren't suitable and will contaminate the recycling process.
If your bin's full you can take garden waste, cardboard and paper to our recycling centres.
You can also leave extra cardboard at the side of your bin on your next blue bin collection day. Please tear it into smaller pieces and place it inside one small or medium sized box. The box must be small enough to fit back inside the bin, as the crew will re-fill and re-empty your bin. Please put the box out on the morning of your collection and only when the weather's dry.
Before you begin your report
You'll need to tell us your address in the form. If you live above a commercial property make sure you use your own address and not the name of the business or shop.
Please don't use this form to report a missed bin if:
- you didn't put your bin out on time
- you put the wrong bin out; you can check your bin day here
- the bins on your street haven't been emptied. We'll know about this already and will return to collect them. Check our disruptions to bin collections page for details of re-scheduled collection dates.
- it's more than 48 hours since your bin was missed
- your property is empty/unoccupied. We don't collect bins from unoccupied properties.
- we put a sticker on your bin to say it's too heavy to empty. You'll need to take some items out so we can collect your bin next time.
- we put a contaminated sticker on your bin. This means you've put something in the wrong bin, such as general waste in a recycling bin. Please take the item out so we can collect your bin next time.
- you run a business and we've not emptied your commercial waste bins. Please contact our business waste team.
How to use the extra sacks
If you order sacks, we'll send you the appropriate colour for the bin collection that was missed:
- pink sacks for your grey bin waste
- clear sacks for brown bin recycling
The three sacks have the same capacity as one bin and are strong enough to leave outside. You'll need to put them out with the bin that was missed on your next collection day. We'll collect up to three sacks alongside your bin.
Please don't use any of your own sacks if we've missed your bin; we'll only pick up the ones we've provided.