You may want to order a bin if:
- yours is damaged or has gone missing
- you’re making full use of your existing recycling bins, but you still need more capacity
- you've moved into another home and you don’t have any bins*
There's a charge for delivering your new bin(s). Replacement pins for bin lids are delivered free of charge.
* If you've moved into a new build or a private rented property you should have a full set of bins. If not, speak to your builder or landlord before placing an order with us. If you've moved into a property that isn't a new build, or is a Berneslai Homes property, it's your responsibility to replace any damaged or missing bins and pay for their delivery.
What you can order
- Blue/brown bin - if yours is damaged, you haven't got one, or you want an extra one
- Grey/green bin - if yours is damaged or you haven't got one
- Pins - if your bin is missing any
You're only allowed one green bin per household.
To get an extra grey bin there must be five or more people living permanently in your home. Find out if you can get an extra grey bin.
Grey bins come in two sizes:
- Large - 240 litre capacity - 1063mm high and 720mm wide
- Small - 140 litre capacity - 1054mm high and 560mm wide (only available as an extra grey bin for households of five or more people).
Blue, brown and green bins all come in the large size only - 240 litre capacity.
If your bin is damaged
You'll need to order a new bin if yours has split, broken or any of the wheels are missing. Bins are covered by a five year warranty against faults and damage from general use.
We'll replace your bin for free if it's less than five years old and there's a problem with it. The manufacture date is stamped on the bin lid; we'll check this when we deliver your replacement bin. Bins without a lid aren't covered by warranty as we can't determine the manufacture date if the lid's missing.
If your bin's more than five years old you'll need to pay to have a new one delivered, even if you think it was damaged when it was being emptied. Please contact us within 48 hours of the collection taking place if you think that your bin fell into the back of the lorry or the lid was ripped off while it was being emptied. We'll then check this with our collection crew and the camera footage on our vehicle.
How to order
You can use our online form below to order bins or new pins. Make sure you read the information on all the tabs below before you start your order.
Before you begin
Don't use this form to order an extra grey bin. Instead, check our information to see if you're able to get an extra grey bin.
Don't use this form to order an extra green bin. You're only allowed one large green bin per household.
If you're ordering a replacement for a damaged bin, check the date on the lid first. If it's less than five years old we'll deliver a new one free of charge.
There's a £25 charge for delivering your bin(s). This includes the removal of any bins you no longer need. The only exemption to this charge is for damaged bins that are less than five years old.
You need to pay the charge when you order your new bin(s). Our pay page tells you which cards we accept.
Replacement pins for bin lids are delivered free of charge.
Delivering your bin
We'll deliver your bin usually within 10 working days of receiving your order. You can't pick up bins yourself as Smithies Lane Depot is closed to the public.
When we drop the bin(s) off we'll take away any bins that you no longer need, even if they're full. Please make sure that we have access to them.
Until you receive your new bin(s) you can put your recyclable waste separately in clear plastic sacks. We'll collect up to three sacks from the kerbside on your usual collection day. If you're waiting for a brown bin we'll collect sacks containing plastic bottles and tins (no glass). If you're waiting for a blue bin we'll collect sacks containing paper and cardboard. Please tear any cardboard into small pieces.
You can take non-recyclable and garden waste to any of our household waste and recycling centres.
Replacements for damaged bins
We'll check that your bin is damaged when we deliver your replacement bin.
- We won't leave you a new grey or green bin if your old one isn't damaged.
- We won't leave you any replacement bin that we've delivered free of charge if your damaged one is more than five years old.