We have six Safer Neighbourhood Teams (SNTs) in Barnsley, policing communities and responding to neighbourhood issues, such as anti-social behaviour.
They're made up of police officers, police community support officers (PCSOs), special constables, council officers, volunteers and partners.
They're managed by a police inspector, sergeant and a community safety tasking officer. They work together with the community and other organisations to tackle anti-social behaviour.
The teams adopt a problem solving approach to target issues important to the community.
What SNTs do for you
- Give you access to local policing services through a named point of contact
- Give you influence over policing priorities in your neighbourhood
- Feed back to residents on what's being done in response to local issues
- Find out what issues matter to residents in their neighbourhood
- Work with partners and local people to agree what action should be taken to deal with those priorities
Report anti-social behaviour or low level crime
Call your local SNT on 101.
for more information, visit South Yorkshire Police website.