We're committed to equality and diversity in all aspects of our work. We're an inclusive employer, providing excellent services to all local people regardless of their background or diversity.
We believe we can achieve this by:
- building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the local population
- treating all our employees equally and fairly regardless of their background or status
- giving our employees the same opportunities to grow and develop at work
- paying all employees equally for work of equal value
- reducing differences in pay received by people from diverse groups
- making sure all our employees work in an environment and culture free from harassment, bullying and discrimination
- giving all our employees the necessary skills and understanding to meet the needs of a diverse population.
All of our positions have a 'job profile' which includes the skills, abilities and qualifications needed for the role. Each requirement is either essential or desirable.
Some roles ask for the ability to communicate effectively with the public using a suitable level of fluency in spoken English in line with the English language requirement for public sector workers.
You may be asked to provide evidence of your qualifications at your interview. If you hold international qualifications, UK ENIC provide official information on their broad equivalence to UK national qualifications.
You can find information about adjustments that we can make under interview tips and advice.
Our Equality and Diversity Policy sets out our commitment, together with the specific responsibilities of employees, managers and elected members in implementing the policy and in meeting our public sector equality duty.
You can also access our Equality Policy in easy read format. If you'd like the policy in an alternative format, please contact us.
As part of the Armed Forces Covenant we want to do all we can to support ex-service personnel and their families. You can find out more on the Career Transition Partnership (CTP) and Forces Families Jobs websites for specific ex-forces recruitment information.