We're committed to equality and diversity in all aspects of our work.
Our aim is to be an equal opportunities employer, providing excellent services to all local people regardless of their background or diversity.
We believe we can achieve this by:
- building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the local population
- treating all employees equally and fairly regardless of their background or status
- giving employees the same opportunities to grow and develop at work
- paying all employees equally for work of equal value
- reducing differences in pay received by people from diverse groups
- making sure all employees can work in an environment and culture free from harassment, bullying and discrimination
- giving all employees the necessary skills and understanding to meet the needs of a diverse population.
Our Equality and Diversity Policy sets out our commitment, together with the specific responsibilities of employees, managers and elected members in implementing the policy and in meeting our public sector equality duty.
Our Equality Scheme explains how we'll put our policy and public sector equality duty into practice, including our equality priorities for the next three years.
For our service users
We'll make our services easier to use and more accessible for everyone by:
- making information about our services more widely available and more accessible
- making our buildings more accessible to customers
- making it easier for customers to contact us