We're committed to equality and diversity in all aspects of our work.
Our aim is to be an equal opportunities employer, providing excellent services to all local people regardless of their background or diversity.
We believe we can achieve this by:
- building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the local population
- treating all employees equally and fairly regardless of their background or status
- giving employees the same opportunities to grow and develop at work
- paying all employees equally for work of equal value
- reducing differences in pay received by people from diverse groups
- making sure all employees can work in an environment and culture free from harassment, bullying and discrimination
- giving all employees the necessary skills and understanding to meet the needs of a diverse population.
All of our positions have a 'job profile' which includes the skills, abilities and qualifications needed for the role. Each requirement is either essential or desirable. Some roles ask for the ability to communicate effectively with the public using a suitable level of fluency in spoken English in line with the English language requirement for public sector workers.
You can find more information about adjustments that we can make under interview tips and advice.
You may be asked to provide evidence of your qualifications at your interview. If you hold international qualifications, the UK NARIC agency provide official information on their broad equivalence to UK national qualifications.
Our Equality and Diversity Policy sets out our commitment, together with the specific responsibilities of employees, managers and elected members in implementing the policy and in meeting our public sector equality duty.
You can also access our Equality Policy in Easy Read format. If you would like the policy in an alternative format, please get in contact with us.
As part of the Armed Forces Covenant, we want to do all we can to support those ex-service personnel and their families. If you are interested, please see Career Transition Partnership (CTP) and Forces Families Jobs for specific ex-forces recruitment. For more information about our support in Barnsley please see our Armed Forces Covenant website.
For our service users
We'll make our services easier to use and more accessible for everyone by:
- making information about our services more widely available and more accessible
- making our buildings more accessible to customers
- making it easier for customers to contact us