Councils must produce an annual statement of accounts in accordance with legislative requirements and the Code of Practice on Local Authority Accounting in the United Kingdom.
Our annual statement of accounts are available below for local electors to inspect. The versions available for download are the illustrated final versions complete with Audit Certificate, unless otherwise stated.
Audit of accounts - notice of public rights
The above document explains the rights of the public to inspect the accounts of Barnsley Council for the years indicated.
2019/20 statement of accounts
- 2019/20 draft annual governance statement
- 2019/20 statement of accounts
- 2019/20 summary accounts and explanatory notes
2018/19 statement of accounts
- 2018/19 summary accounts and explanatory notes
- 2018/19 audited statement of accounts
- 2018/19 external auditors ISA 260 report
- 2018/19 statutory notice for conclusion of the audit
- 2018/19 external audit - closure of audit letter
If you'd like to see any earlier statements of accounts please contact us using our online form.