Councils must produce an annual statement of accounts in accordance with legislative requirements and the Code of Practice on Local Authority Accounting in the United Kingdom.
Our annual statement of accounts are available below for local electors to inspect. The versions available for download are the illustrated final versions complete with audit certificate, unless otherwise stated.
2020/21 statement of accounts
Under section 10 of the Accounts and Audit Regulations 2015 we're required to publish our annual statement of accounts by 31 July each year. Due to COVID-19 the publishing deadline was extended for 2020/21 to 30 September 2021. The statement of accounts includes our annual governance statement, narrative statement, and any audit opinion given by the external auditors at this date. If the audit has not concluded by 30 September 2021 we're required to publish the reasons for this under section 10.2a of the regulations.
There were resource capacity constraints on the part of the external auditors, Grant Thornton UK LLP, which have resulted in the audit of the accounts for the year ended 31 March 2021 not being concluded in time to meet the 30 September 2021 publication date. The auditors highlighted this in their audit plan presented to the audit committee meeting in July 2021, which set out that the audit would commence in August and is targeted to be completed by the end of November 2021.
The draft statement of accounts for the year ended 31 March 2021 is available below, subject to conclusion of the audit:
- 2020/21 public inspection period
- 2020/21 draft statement of accounts
- 2020/21 draft annual governance statement
We're aware that the 2020/21 draft statement of accounts document isn't entirely accessible. We're working to fix any issues, but in the meantime if you need it in a different format, please contact us using our online form.
2019/20 statement of accounts
- 2019/20 audited statement of accounts
- 2019/20 executive summary accounts & explanatory foreword
- 2019/20 annual governance statement
- 2019/20 auditor report (ISA 260)
- Notice of conclusion of the audit 2019/20
2018/19 statement of accounts
- 2018/19 summary accounts and explanatory notes
- 2018/19 audited statement of accounts
- 2018/19 external auditors ISA 260 report
- 2018/19 statutory notice for conclusion of the audit
- 2018/19 external audit - closure of audit letter
If you'd like to see any earlier statements of accounts please contact us using our online form.