Councils must produce an annual statement of accounts in accordance with legislative requirements and the Code of Practice on Local Authority Accounting in the United Kingdom.
Our annual statement of accounts are available below for local electors to inspect. The versions available for download are the illustrated final versions complete with Audit Certificate, unless otherwise stated.
Audit of accounts - notice of public rights
The above document explains the rights of the public to inspect the accounts of Barnsley Council for the years indicated.
2018/19 statement of accounts
Archived statement of accounts
- 2017/18 Statement of Accounts
- 2017/18 External Auditor Report
- 2017/18 Notice of the Conclusion of the Audit
- 2017/18 External Audit Closure Letter
- 2016/17 Statement of Accounts
- 2016/17 Notice of Conclusion of the Audit
- 2016/17 External Auditor Report
- 2015/16 Statement of Accounts
- 2015/16 Summary Accounts
- 2014/15 Statement of Accounts
- 2014/15 Notice of Conclusion of the Audit
- 2014/15 Summary Accounts
- 2013/14 Statement of Accounts
- 2013/14 Summary Accounts
- 2012/13 Statement of Accounts
- 2012/13 Summary Accounts
- 2012/13 Notice of conclusion of Audit
You can give feedback on whether the above information is clear, informative and useful using our online form.