We have two types of collections for large items:
- standard large item collection - for up to 12 items
- business and premium collection - for more than 12 items, for landlords or businesses
We'll pick your items up within 10 working days of submitting your form (it can take longer if there's a bank holiday). We won't be able to tell you the day and time we're coming.
Read the information below to see which service you need and how to apply.
Standard large item collections
You can use our standard collections service for unwanted items that are too big to put in your bin.
To use the service you need to apply and pay online.
We'll take up to 12 items in one collection. Please see the list of items we can collect below.
We can collect five black sacks of household waste and count these as one item. You'll still need a minimum of two items to use the service. You can mix and match from the list of items we can collect.
There's a charge for this service:
- £20 for up to two items
- £5 for each additional item, up to a maximum of 12 items per order
If you need to dismantle something, such as a wardrobe, we'll still count it as one item.
Where to leave your items
Items should be left outside of your house within the boundary of your property, please ensure your items are not obstructing the pavement.
Arrange a standard collection
You can arrange and pay for a standard collection by filling in our online form.
Before you begin
Have you thought about other ways to get rid of your unwanted items for free?
- use a charity like Barnsley Hospice, The British Heart Foundation or Freecycle. They'll usually collect items that can be reused.
- take them to your local recycling centre (tip) if they're not reusable.
Please check the list of items we can collect before you fill in the form.
Don't use this form if:
- you've got more than 12 items for collection
- you're a landlord or business owner
- you've got commercial items for collection
- you've got an American style fridge/freezer for collection
- you've got gas-powered cooling equipment for collection (eg caravan fridge)
Please use our business and premium collection form for any of these requests.
Items we can collect
- Animal cage / pet carrier
- Bath (not metal)
- Barbecue (gas/charcoal - no bottle)
- Bed frame / base
- Bedside cabinet
- Bike / scooter /trike
- Black sack (five bags) general household waste
- Bread maker
- Bureau / desk
- Cabinet / display case (no glass)
- Cardboard (tied bundle)
- Carpet / underlay / lino (rolled and tied, max 25kg)
- Chair (dining / upholstered / office)
- Chaise longue
- Child car seat
- Christmas tree (artificial / plastic / real)
- Clothes line /rotary airer
- Coffee machine
- Compost bin
- Computer base / monitor
- Cooker (gas / electric)
- Cot (dismantled)
- Door (internal only - no glass)
- Drawers / chest
- Dressing table (no glass / mirrors)
- DVD / CD holder
- DVD / video player
- Exercise equipment (not electric)
- Extractor fan
- Fire (gas / electric)
- Fire guard
- Fire surround (wood only)
- Foot stool / pouffe
- Fridge / freezer (domestic only)
- Garden bench
- Garden chair
- Garden table
- Gate (max 2m x 1.4m)
- Golf bag / trolley / clubs
- Hedge trimmer (electric / petrol / manual)
- HiFi / stereo
- Hob (gas / electric)
- Hoover / vacuum cleaner
- Ironing board
- Kitchen unit / worktop (max length 3m)
- Laminate flooring (tied bundles, max 25kg)
- Lawn mower (electric / petrol / manual)
- Leaf blower (electric / petrol / manual)
- Lighting / lamp
- Mattress (any size)
- Metal bar (max length 3m)
- Microwave /mini oven
- Ottoman / blanket / storage /toy box
- Oven (gas / electric)
- Paddling pool
- Parasol / umbrella
- Patio heater (no gas bottle)
- Pedal / kitchen bin
- Pram / pushchair / buggy / stroller
- Radiator / heater
- Rug (rolled and tied)
- Satellite dish
- Settee / sofa
- Sewing / knitting machine
- Shower tray
- Sink (bathroom / kitchen)
- Sky / Freeview /digital box
- Slide (dismantled)
- Slow cooker / electric pan
- Sofabed / futon
- Stepladder / ladders (max length 3m)
- Stool / bar stool
- Strimmer (electric / petrol)
- Sun lounger
- Sunbed (no tubes)
- Swing (dismantled)
- Table (dining / coffee / lamp / side)
- Tent / tent pole
- Toilet / toilet bowl / cistern
- Toy (large / small)
- Trampoline (small and dismantled)
- Tumble dryer
- TV cabinet /stand /unit (no glass)
- TV / television
- TV / television aerial
- Washing machine
- Water butt
What happens after submitting your request
We'll pick your items up within 10 working days of submitting your form. It can take longer if there's a bank holiday. We won't be able to tell you the day and time we're coming.
You need to put the items we're collecting outside your home as soon as we've sent you confirmation of your order. We won't be able to come back for items that you don't put out in time.
Please make sure your things are easy for us to access. If they're behind a locked gate for example, we won't come back for them.
Items like fridges or wardrobes need to be empty or we won't collect them.
Business and premium service
You may need our business and premium service if:
- you want items removing that aren't on our standard list of items we can collect
- you want commercial items picked up
- you want gas-powered cooling equipment or an American style fridge/freezer picked up
- you have more than 12 items to be picked up
- you're a landlord or run a business
The prices and timescales for this service can vary depending on what you want us to collect and when.
Arrange a business or premium collection
Use our online form below to ask about this service.
We'll get back to you with a quote and send you a link to pay online.