If you’re already making full use of your recycling bins, but you've still got too much household waste to fit into your grey bin, you can ask for an extra grey bin using our online form below.
Before you begin
You can only order an extra grey bin if there are five or more people living permanently in your home.
You’ll need to provide proof that everyone in your home lives there permanently (unless they’re named on the council tax account).
You can provide any one of the following for each person:
- adults - a bank/credit card statement or utility bill, both dated in the last three months
- children - a copy of the annual child benefit award letter or a copy of a bank statement showing the amount of child benefit paid and the address to which it’s paid
- students - a bank statement dated in the last three months or a letter from higher education establishment confirming attendance and home address
Submitting your evidence
If you apply online, you can either:
- scan your evidence and upload it as part of your application
- submit the online form, then post your documents to Waste Management Services, Smithies Lane Depot, Barnsley S71 1NL.
All the documents must clearly show your address and quote the reference number given to you when you completed the application.
If you apply by phone, we’ll give your your reference number and tell you where to send your evidence.
If you have problems providing any of the above, please contact us.
What happens next
Once we receive your documents, we’ll visit your property within four weeks. If you're using your existing bins correctly, we’ll leave you an extra grey bin.
The extra bin remains our property and we can remove it without notice and without refunding your delivery payment if we find:
- you're not recycling
- you're using the extra bin in the wrong way
- you gave false information when requesting the extra bin
- your circumstances change and you no longer have five or more people permanently living in your home
Change in circumstances
If circumstances change and you no longer have five people living permanently in your home, you'll no longer qualify for the extra grey bin. Please fill in this form to cancel your extra bin. We’ll contact you to make arrangements to pick your bin up.
If you change your address you must take your extra bin with you.