We offer an extra capacity service to larger families of five or more.
If you’re using your recycling bins, but you've still got too much household waste to fit into your grey bin, you can ask for an extra grey bin.
Please use our online form below to apply; you'll need to provide the following evidence in your application:
- a bank/credit card statement (dated in the last three months) or
- a utility bill (dated in the last three months)
- a copy of their annual child benefit award letter or
- a bank statement
- a bank statement (dated in the last three months) or
- a letter from higher education establishment confirming attendance and home address
Submitting your evidence
If you apply online, you can either:
- scan your evidence and upload it as part of your application
- submit the online form, then post your documents to Waste Management Services, Smithies Lane Depot, Barnsley S71 1NL.
All the documents must clearly show your address. On each document please write the reference number that you got when you applied for the bin. This is so that we can add the documents to the right application.
If you apply by phone, we’ll give you your reference number and tell you where to send your evidence.
If you have problems providing any of the above, please contact us.
What happens next
Once we receive your completed application, we’ll visit your property. We'll work with you to look at the best rubbish and recycling solution for your family.
As long as you carry on using the bins as agreed, we'll continue to empty the extra bin(s).
If for any reason you can't keep to the recycling arrangement, or the number of people permanently living at your home drops to less than five, we may need to reclaim the extra bin(s) and return you to a regular service.
Change in circumstances
If you no longer have five people living permanently in your home, you'll no longer qualify for the extra grey bin. Use our online form below to cancel the extra bin. We’ll contact you to make arrangements to pick the bin up.
If you move house you'll need to tell us your new address, and must take your extra bin with you.