If you’re using your recycling bins, but you've still got too much household waste to fit into your grey bin, you can ask for an extra grey bin. You can use our online form below to do this.
Before you begin
You can only order an extra grey bin if there are five or more people living permanently in your home.
You’ll need to prove that everyone in your home lives there permanently (unless they’re named on the council tax account).
What to provide for each person
- a bank/credit card statement (dated in the last three months) or
- a utility bill (dated in the last three months)
- a copy of the annual child benefit award letter or
- a bank statement
- a bank statement (dated in the last three months) or
- a letter from higher education establishment confirming attendance and home address
Submitting your evidence
If you apply online, you can either:
- scan your evidence and upload it as part of your application
- submit the online form, then post your documents to Waste Management Services, Smithies Lane Depot, Barnsley S71 1NL.
All the documents must clearly show your address. They should also quote the reference number given to you when you completed the application.
If you apply by phone, we’ll give you your reference number and tell you where to send your evidence.
If you have problems providing any of the above, please contact us.
What happens next
Once we receive your documents, we’ll visit your property within four weeks. If you're using your existing bins correctly, we’ll leave you an extra grey bin.
The extra bin remains our property. We can remove it without notice, and without refunding your delivery payment if we find:
- you're not recycling
- you're using the extra bin in the wrong way
- you gave false information when requesting the extra bin
- your circumstances have changed and you no longer have five or more people permanently living in your home
Change in circumstances
If you no longer have five people living permanently in your home, you'll no longer qualify for the extra grey bin.
If you change your address, you must take your extra bin with you.