Changes to our services due to coronavirus (COVID-19)
We're following government advice regarding coronavirus and have had to make some changes to our services. The Register Office in the Town Hall is open for face to face appointments for some services. You won't be able to book an appointment at our Royston or Wombwell offices until further notice.
Death registration appointments are currently a telephone-only service.
It's important to read more about the changes to registration services due to coronavirus before you contact us or book an appointment.
Visiting Barnsley Register Office
If you're coming to Barnsley Register Office you should use the nearby pay and display car parks. Appointments can take up to an hour, so please make sure your ticket covers you.
If you're attending a ceremony please use a pay and display car park, allowing enough time for the ceremony and photographs afterwards.
The entrance is at the side of the building, next to the fountains.
Due to coronavirus restrictions and to allow for social distancing, you'll need to wait outside the Town Hall reception until you're called in for your appointment.
Please don't arrive too early, as we won't be able to let you inside the building. There's a strict one way system in place for your safety and to minimise any contact with other customers and staff.
The address is:
- Barnsley Register Office, Town Hall, Barnsley S70 2TA
(Monday to Friday from 9am to 4pm)
You’ll find many of our services are available to book online.
Please note that we've had to make changes to our services due to coronavirus, including suspending online bookings for some of our services.
- Order a copy certificate online
- Book an appointment to register a birth
- Book an appointment to register a death
- Book an appointment to register a stillborn baby
- Book an appointment to re-register a birth
- Book an appointment to give notice of marriage or civil partnership
- Book a wedding ceremony / registrar
- Book a civil partnership ceremony / registrar
For all enquiries please contact (01226) 773555.
Barnsley Register Office, Corporate Mail Room, PO Box 634, Barnsley S70 9GG.
Our other locations (currently unavailable due to coronavirus)
- Royston Lifelong Learning Centre, Station Road, Royston, Barnsley S71 4EQ
(Tuesday - 1.15pm to 3.30pm)
- Wombwell Library, Station Road, Wombwell, Barnsley S70 0BA
(Thursday 9.30am to 12pm)