Barnsley Register Office is in the Town Hall in Barnsley town centre. The entrance is at the side of the building, next to the fountains.
The address is: Barnsley Register Office, Town Hall, Barnsley, S70 2TA. We're open Monday to Friday from 9am to 4pm (excluding bank holidays).
If you're coming to the register office you should use the nearby pay and display car parks. Appointments can take up to an hour, so please make sure your ticket covers you. If you're attending a ceremony please use a pay and display car park, allowing enough time for the ceremony and photographs afterwards.
You’ll find many of our services are available to online:
- Order a copy certificate
- Book an appointment to register a birth
- Book an appointment to re-register a birth
- Book an appointment to give notice of marriage or civil partnership
- Book a wedding ceremony/registrar
- Book a civil partnership ceremony/registrar
For all enquiries please contact (01226) 773555 or write to Barnsley Register Office, Corporate Mail Room, PO Box 634, Barnsley, S70 9GG.