Request to see your personal information

You can ask us for a copy of the information that we hold about you.

You'll need to download and fill in our subject access request form

If you are acting on behalf of another person, you must show that you have authority to do so.  You can complete our subject access request authorisation form or you can send us a letter of consent from the individual whose details are being requested.  

For a request relating only to CCTV images, please use the CCTV images form.

When we receive your request:

  • we'll acknowledge receipt of it within five days
  • we can take up to 40 days to provide a copy of your information

If you need any advice or assistance in completing and submitting a request, please contact the Customer Feedback and Improvement Team on (01226) 773555 or email

What to do if your request is turned down

There may be some situations where we have to withhold information, under legal exemptions, for example, if it is about a crime.  We do not have to say why we are withholding information.

If we do not provide the information you requested, or you think your information has been misused, you should ask for a review of the decision by: 

If you are still not satisfied, you can contact the Information Commissioner's Office:

  • by telephone 0303 123 1113 (local rate) or 01625 545 745 if you prefer to use a national rate number
  • by email to (please include your telephone number)
  • in writing to Information Commissioner's Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire SK9 5AF