Report a problem with roadworks, closures and diversions

Tell us about a problem with roadworks, road closures, or diversion routes and signs, using our online form. 

You can check if the issue's  been reported already, and the status of existing reports, on the map below.


View full-screen map

Report a new problem with roadworks

If you can't see the issue you want to report on the map, tell us about it using our online form.

Please note that reports won't be picked up outside office hours or over bank holidays.

Before you begin

Don't use this form to report a problem with temporary traffic signals. 

They're the responsibility of the company carrying out the work, such as gas, electricity, water or building contractors. Report any problems with the signals directly to the company; their number should be displayed on the traffic signals or on a scheme information board nearby.

For all other roadworks problems, use our form.

Fill in the form

It only takes a couple of minutes to fill in the form. All you have to do is:

  • click on the report a roadworks problem button to start the form
  • show us on a map where the problem is by clicking to drop a pin; if you don't drop the pin in the right place you can move it around the map to the exact location of the problem
  • give as much detail as you can about the nature of the problem
  • upload a photo of the roadworks you're reporting (optional)
  • click the submit report button

You can report a roadworks problem anonymously, but if you'd like a receipt and reference number for your report, you must provide either your email address or mobile number.

After reporting

Once you've submitted the form, you'll be returned to this webpage, where you’ll see that the problem you’ve reported has appeared as a pin on the map. You may need to wait a couple of minutes and refresh your screen to be able to see the status of the pin on the map.

The pin will remain on the map for at least 28 days, during which time you can come back to the webpage to check the status of your report.

Once the pin drops off the map, you won't be able make further enquiries about your report, unless you have a reference number.

What we'll do

When we receive your form, we'll look into the problem you've reported.

If the roadworks are being carried out by a third party organisation, we'll contact them to agree actions to resolve the issue.